2. The maximum number of electrons in the second and third shell
5. The maximum number of electrons in the first, innermost shell
7. A nonmetal atom that has achieved a stable configuration is called an _____.
8. Identical charges are ________ by each other.
9. An atom that loses electrons to achieve a stable configuration is called a ______.
1. Opposite charges are _________ to each other.
3. An atom has two shells and 1 valence electron. Is this a metal or a nonmetal atom?
4. An atom has two shells and 7 valence electrons. Is this a metal or a nonmetal atom?
6. Table salt is an ionic compound. What is its Chemical Formula?
10. An ion has two shells and 8 valence electrons. Can you identify the ion?
Pen your responses in the Comment section below!